Infolinks In Text Ads

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Warne ready to serve Indian cricket

Warne ready to serve Indian cricket

Australian spin-legend Shane Warne expressed his willingness to be attached with the Indian cricket to coach country's spinners.

"If there is any offer or something like that I will seriously consider. I love Indian culture. It took a long time to embrace the culture and get to appreciate India and probably taking couple of tour to understand," Warne said while asked whether he is interested to work as a coach or consultant in India.

"As far as BCCI is concerned I love working with the spin bowlers over there. I worked with Yusuf Pathan, (left-arm spinner) Ravidra Jadeja and he had a great last year and he has done well this year also," Warne added, saying if the BCCI offers the job to him.

Speaking on the Indian Premier League, where he is leading defending champions Rajasthan Royals, the 39-year-old cricketer said: "Last two years of IPL has been fantastic."

Warne feels in a tournament like IPL, where cricketers participate from different countries, intra-team communication has a great role to play in a side's success.

"I think, the secret of the success of franchises is interaction with all the players. I think, its our strength that in (Rajasthan) Royals we do everything together.

"Yes, sometimes it's difficult (to overcome language barrier). When they bowl, I help them and now even when I bowl they helps us in execution of plans. So I don't think that their is any communication barrier," Warne told a news channel.